Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos

Friday, October 2, 2009

¡Squirrel Libre!

I spotted Eliza at the Atlantic Avenue subway station several Saturdays ago.

She has several tattoos, but this one, on her right arm, seemed the most appropriate to share:


This is, of course, a squirrel, which was chosen because Eliza has the nickname of Squirrel.

Why Squirrel?

Eliza grew up in rural Arkansas in the Ozark Mountains. "When I was younger," she told me, "I hunted and shot squirrel".

Of course, I had to ask what squirrel tasted like. "Like chicken," she answered, and then clarified, "the dark meat".

As for the head of the squirrel, Eliza confirmed what I thought, the tattoo sports a Lucha Libre Mexican-style wrestling mask.


Eliza explained that she wanted the squirrel to be like her, kind of "sassafrass". I thought I knew what she meant, but not being familiar with rural American dialect, I asked her to clarify. "Sassafrass," she smiled, "is sorta wild and crazy".

The piece was inked at Southside Tattoo in Austin, Texas, by Michael Norris.

A hearty thanks to Eliza and her cool squirrel tattoo from us here at Tattoosday!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner